September 19, 2012

Morning Musings


I dream of a morning which consists of a leisurely cup of coffee over the paper, easing into a wildly productive day. Cut to reality, which consists of a futile search for matching socks, frantically thawing Stella & Chewy's for my dog (more on this wonderful company later), needing google phone to call & locate my missing blackberry, throwing jewelry on at a red light...and on and on.


via tumblr





No matter how late I am though, there are two things I cannot live without. The first is my venti Americano, black, waiting for me (it's easy to make friends with the barista when 3/4 of them are named Katie).








The other is a smoothie, whipped up while waiting for my hair to dry, in a blender that is older than I am. Who said multi-tasking was counter-productive? *Actually, studies have, but that's for another time...


Ball Jar Smoothie - serves 2
1 frozen banana (I discard the skins of a bunch of ripe bananas, then freeze them all in a bag)
1 cup frozen berries (a mix of rasperries/blueberries/strawberries is my favorite)
1 - 2 frozen peach slices (optional)
Handful of almonds/walnuts/sunflower seeds, whatever is on hand
1 tbsp un-shelled hemp seeds (if you need a protein boost)
1 cup plain almond milk
1 tbsp Vanilla protein powder (I like Tera's Whey, which can be found at Whole Foods)

Throw all together in the mixer and blend until smooth...this takes a while with that ancient blender. Pour into a Ball jar (because everything looks better in a Ball jar) and enjoy!


Photos © Brian Sorg


No comments:

Post a Comment