October 10, 2012

great expectations


Au Cheval has long been buzzing among foodie-types in chicago & more recently nationally after being declared to serve the best new burger by bon appetit magazine. I don't eat meat, but figured behind every great burger is an even better french fry. 


No surprise that we encountered a wait, even on a monday night, so were left to entertain ourselves outside. 


Am I hanging from a tree or am I standing on the ground? That's one secret I'll never tell...

Photos © Brian Sorg

If I had to describe au cheval, I'd throw out 'sexy', 'classy diner', 'meat on meat on meat', or 'just go already'. Oh, and those fries? Divine. And that burger? Let's just say my carnivorous indiscretion was well, well worth it...I couldn't resist a bite & although Brian swore he'd never tell, some secrets are meant to be shared.

blouse x helmut lang, jeans & boots x rag & bone

No comments:

Post a Comment